It’s craziness but over 68% of adult Americans are overweight or obese. And numbers are growing! Think of your body as your personal physical shelter and because of unhealthy food and pernicious habits it can wear out quite quickly.
Don’t bog down your beautiful life with different problems with health. But consider that wellness isn’t just about healthy eating and doing sports. It applies to all areas of life and also includes positive mental health, and a healthy self-image. Don’t take your wellness for granted and support it by healthy habits. Here’re 5 helpful ways to have a healthier life.
- Don’t underestimate the importance of sleeping. When you don’t get enough sleep, you begin to compensate energy by eating more fats. Just have a healthy sleep and you’ll have no need to snack and drink tons of coffee to stay awake.
- Drink enough water every day. Over 75% of our body is made up of water, so water is essential for proper functioning of all body parts. We need to supplement our water balance regularly to remove waste and maintain oxygen and nutrients movements around the body. Moreover, drinking more water actually helps in losing The amount of needed water depends on various factors: your weight and height, the level of physical activity, humidity, etc.
- Choose enjoyable exercises and do them regularly. Movement is life, so daily exercising brings terrific benefits to your body including weight loss or lowering of the disease When you like something, you surely want to do it. That’s why pick activities to your liking – be healthy and stay fun at the same time. Also, add variation in your daily exercises. It’ll keep them more interesting and help you work out different parts of your body correctly.
- Add to your everyday diet more fruits and vegetables (especially, bright colored). Fruits and vegetables are a plethora of vital minerals and vitamins. Experts in wellness say that for a healthy being we need to have 5-10 servings of vegetables and fruits a day. Furthermore, bright colored foods usually have a higher level of antioxidants which remove free radicals from the body. So, take to your plate fruits and vegetables of different colors: banana, mango, orange, apple, tomatoes, strawberries, avocado, guava, cucumber, eggplant and many others.
- Love yourself and purge negativity from your life. Positive mental health is also a crucial point of a healthy Don’t surround yourself with negative people who blight your mood with excessive criticism or negativity. Also, get rid of negative thoughts you hear in your head and don’t conserve these thoughts inside – it’s absolutely unhealthy. Wellness starts from within, so live life with purpose and positive worldview.